Friday, January 13, 2006

2005 Journey Recap - Malacca Trip (2)

In the evening, we went to Malacca town. While I and Irza waited in the car, my wife and Inka took my parents to see the historical buildings around Dutch Square, such as the Christ Curch and the Stadhuys. They are having a great time taking pictures here and there, including the famous trishaws which are being decorated nicely to attract tourists. After visiting the tourist attractions, we headed to Mahkota Parade shopping mall, the biggest mall at the heart of the Malacca town. We took a walk around the big mall and had dinner at the new food court on the top floor, before heading back to the hotel.

The next day, after having breakfast in the hotel, we went to A'Famosa Water World, near Alor Gajah, Malacca. From the hotel, we took the normal route 5 highway towards Malacca, and once after passing the Klebang Beach, we turned left and taking the M7 route northwards, before joining the main route 19 to Alor Gajah. There's a new road bypassing Alor Gajah so we actually didn't pass the Alor Gajah town itself. We turned right at Simpang Ampat junction and after driving for several minutes, we can find the A'Famosa main complex on the right side of the road.

A'Famosa Resort complex is a very huge resort complex, with several theme park attractions, hotels and bungalows. The Water World complex is still around 10-15 minutes drive inside the complex, and we found ourselves inside a flood of cars towards the Water World complex. It's Christmas day, and a lot of Malaysians from different parts of Malaysia coming in to Water World to spend their holiday.

After buying ourselves the tickets, we joined the queue to enter the Water World complex. It's quite a big water theme park, definitely bigger than Singapore's Wet and Wild, even though it's not as big as Kuala Lumpur's Sunway Lagoon. The kids were enjoying their time taking the "lazy" river with the float we rented. Unfortunately, they were screaming very badly when we took them to the wave pool. :P

In the evening, we had seafood dinner at the Klebang Beach food court. The mood was a bit ruined due to delay in serving the food and the rain, but overall it's OK.

No comments: